Life lately has been crazy! Between the fella working a (sort of) second job, me working, me trying to work out regularly, helping friends, and making holiday plans (i.e. Christmas shopping) there's been a lot going on. I think things are going to slow down a little now. Though parent/teacher conferences are Wednesday, so we'll see.
Here are some things that have been going on:
1. We got our first snow...it's gone now.
2. I bought a pasta maker at a yard sale for TWO DOLLARS (it's like $80 online!) and had a pasta making adventure! I made it a little too thick, but it was DELICIOUS! I'm really loving this making-our-food-from-scratch thing. We're still not the healthiest eaters, but we rarely eat processed/packaged foods. I also made homemade meatballs with the pasta. Num!
|So pretty :)|
3. The people we used to rent from and that the fella has worked for had their annual Angus sale, so we went and helped out. I didn't take many pictures though. I always feel a little awkward taking random pictures. Is that something you just get over, or do other people not feel awkward? Anyway...
I watched the sale for awhile, and it's amazing how fast everything moves. My face always itches at auctions because I know I shouldn't move my hands. I don't want to walk out of there with a $5000 bull!
I had a very serious conversation with a 5 year old about how poop that comes from a cow's butt is the same as poop that comes from a human's butt. He was trying to convince his little brother that poop was not interesting. It was awesome.
I also heard this conversation:
Buyer Check-In Lady "Have you bought from the sale before?"
Buyer "No, but I have bought semen."
What's weird is that it was a completely normal conversation at a cattle ranch.
4. I got an iPad at school. I'm not sure what to do with it. I'm really not too impressed so far. But I'll keep trying.
5. Ohio State (my Alma Mater/love of my life football team) is UNDEFEATED!!! After a shaky season riddled with scandal, an interim head coach, and ineligibility for the post-season (we're still ineligible), we're turning things around. A Heisman candidate, Urban Meyer, and a (so far) undefeated season! Never mind that I don't get to watch any of the games because of our lack of cable, I'm just happy we're doing well!!!